BLOGADDA has chosen me as their NOTABLE NEWBIE!..

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Critical Corner: Reviewing Top ten (10) Adventure Movies

I have seen numerous adventure movies..Trust me guys..I am an adventure freak..(only when it comes to movies..!!;))..Anyway...Out of my movies database, I am suggesting you my TOP 10 must-see adventure flicks..and as I always say..you may or may not like these movies..but yes..trust me when I say they are must-see..they are actually a little bit more than that!!!

Okay..so here they are...!!..Enjoy!!..

"LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY"


It all started with LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING in 2001...and then came LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS and finally came LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING..Its a story of the journey of a young Hobbit named Frodo who is entrusted with a ring and now he has to destroy that ring to subdue and demolish evil powers..Undoubtedly my all time favorite..!!!..You will be completely soaked up and enamored by it guys..It is adventure at its acme!!..


MY RATING : 10/10

"AVATAR"


AVATAR is a story of a paraplegic marine who is dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission but then things get awry when he gets discombobulated in following his orders and protecting the world he feels is his home..Great cinematic beauty..and amazing screenplay..a must watch guys..!


MY RATING : 9/10

"PAN'S LABYRINTH"


A story about a girl who escapes into an eerie but captivating fantasy world..!!..Sounds interesting right..Yes it is..!! Artistically beautiful, imaginative, and totally en-rapturous..!!..Two thumbs up!!!


MY RATING : 8.8

"BIG FISH"


Hmm..!!..I have loved all the movies directed by TIM BURTON..so be it EDWARDS SCISSOR HANDS..or SLEEPY HOLLOW..or be it CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY..they all have one thing in common..they are all wonderful..!! ..And yes..they always take you in a different world..a world so imaginative and so abstract ..yet so real!!
BIG FISH is probably his best till date..!! Well..at least I think so!!

MY RATING : 8.6



"BLOOD DIAMOND"


I saw BLOOD DIAMOND with huge expectations..(owing to the presence of Mr. LEONARDO DI CAPRIO..(my fav!!))..and the best part is..BLOOD DIAMOND stood still successfully on my exaggerated expectations..!!!..What a movie!!..mixing POLITICS and ADVENTURE along with superlative acting display!!!..Marvelous!!!..


MY RATING : 8.5/10


"BACK TO THE FUTURE"


Guys..BACK TO THE FUTURE is a movie which I saw as a kid..and even today I laugh like anything whenever I get to see this movie..!!..Its funny..its adventurous..probably the best time-travel adventure movie you would have ever seen!!..Just go and watch it!!

MY RATING : 8.5

"INTO THE WILD"


SEAN PENN directed this movie and I never thought it will be such a wonderful movie until I saw it!...Well..it taught me a lesson..HAPPINESS IS REAL ONLY WHEN IT IS SHARED!!..I won't reveal more..watch it guys..you will love it..for sure!!

MY RATING : 8.4/10

"APOCALYPTO"


The movie APOCALYPTO is all about survival..It depicts the very human nature of securing themselves and to go to all extremes to protect themselves..Mel Gibson directed this movie is a sheer gem..something that will make sense for eternity!..

MY RATING : 8.4

"STAR DUST"


It's a story of a guy madly in love with a girl..but the girl is never serious regarding him..so one day..guy asks that girl to ask for anything she wants so that she will marry him...at the same time..a star shoots from the sky..and the girl says..I WANT THAT STAR..!!..and he promises her ..that he will bring that star for her!!..Awesome movies guys..Its a conglomeration of ADVENTURE + ROMANCE + FANTASY..!!..I loved it..and I am pretty sure that even you will love it!!..


MY RATING : 8.2



"PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL"


First thing first..I am a biii...g fan of JOHNY DEPP..Whatever he does on screen..I simply adore it!!!.. and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN is his best adventure film..!!(as per me!!)..But apart of being just a-Johny-Depp-movie..PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN scores in good direction..nice story..great characterization..decent sword fights..and yes..ultimate cinematography..!!!!


MY RATING : 8/10

There are many more too..but then these movies score better comparatively!!..So if you were thinking to watch some good adventure flicks..well..I believe I have given you plenty of options..!!..and still if you want more suggestions..I will be more than happy to tell you!!..

CHEERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget

AddThis

Share |

Have A Look..!